Friday

Are you that woman?



Proverbs 2:16-20:
16To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words; 17Which forsaketh the guide of her youth, and forgetteth the covenant of her God. 18For her house inclineth unto death, and her paths unto the dead. 19None that go unto her return again, neither take they hold of the paths of life
Proverbs 7:25 -27
25 Don’t let your hearts stray away toward her. Don’t wander down her wayward path.
26 For she has been the ruin of many; many men have been her victims. 27 Her house is the road to the grave. Her bedroom is the den of death.



Maybe you are reading the above passages and saying… nope, that’s not me, but let me ask you…are you living with a man? Are you sleeping with a man you’re not married to? Or have you had intimate relationships with men you were not in a committed relationship with? Or maybe even a married man? Or maybe you’re married yourself and having an affair? Then you’re that woman…

Now before you start getting offended and leave comments about how I don’t know you and I don’t know your situation… let me be clear…I’m not saying it – the Bible is.

I can’t lie I was her, too. Mind you, I didn’t think I was, even though whenever I read these passages and others like them, I would feel “convicted” in my spirit. I used to think I was OK because I was “in love” or in a very intense “like” leading to love, at least in my mind. So I didn’t see myself as a woman that was purposely trying to lead a man astray, no, especially not my man.

But what does the Word of God say? It makes it very clear than sex is to be saved for marriage, anything outside of that is fornication and leads to destruction – not just your destruction –his destruction. Until recently, I didn’t even know that, under the Old Testament laws, children born out of wed-lock were also considered cursed and their children’s children would be cursed for 10 generations – that’s over 400 years!

Face it - many women know that they have “something special” between their legs. Many use it as a weapon or a bargaining tool…(sounds like that woman in proverbs, no?). Some dangle it in front of man’s face just to get what they want and many hope that if they share "it" –“it” will keep him from leaving. See a pattern, yet?

Now, if you were that woman and aren’t any longer…Praise God! If you’ve never been that woman – Praise God even the more for saving yourself the heartache! But, if you know deep in your heart you could be that woman –Praise God, still, that’s the first step toward change - recognizing the problem. The best part is – it’s not too late! Jesus is the great redeemer. He can give you another chance and a new lease life on – believe me, I know. More importantly, He wants you know that the "special thing" you have isn’t between your legs, it’s in your heart and it’s so special any man worth his salt is going to want it all for himself and he's going to do all he can to keep it that way (ie: marriage). Waiting gives you the satisfaction of knowing that: not only does that man think you’re special someone, you think he’s special enough to keep him on the straight and narrow path.

Just a thought…
Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment